The Snapchat social network has just launched “YOLO”, an application that allows people to chat and ask questions anonymously to their Snapchat contacts. This innovation was quick to generate buzz with young people on social networks. classwarkitteh tells you everything about YOLO’s successes and drifts!
YOLO ( You Only Live Once ) is the first creation of Snap Kit , a software development platform, created by Snapchat. What most differentiates the two applications is certainly the anonymous nature of the little news. While the ghost app allows you to send photos and chat with other users you know, YOLO offers you the opportunity to exchange messages anonymously.
When anonymity becomes a violent weapon
This application is gaining popularity day by day among young people, which increases the risk of cyberbullying. Violent remarks can then be balanced so much more easily when the authors are covered by anonymity. Radio Canada revealed this week that a teenage girl from Moncton (New Brunswick), suffering from an autoimmune disease (which attacks the immune system), was harassed on YOLO.
Now let’s hope that the new app reacts to limit this kind of unnecessary drift. Especially when she claims to be “more human and more empathetic than those who preceded her”. In the meantime, given its success with teens, certainly due to the fact that it is linked to Snap. The YOLO application already promises new features available very soon.
10 Tips to get more follower on snapchat
Do you want to have more followers on Snapchat? Here are 18 tips to promote your account, have more visibility and achieve more contacts:
- Explore: To start create your account and explore, this way you will understand the basis of this social network.
- Username: Ideally, your username should be the same as you have on other social networks, this way people can find you more easily.
- Add your friends: The first contacts will be your friends. Go to “Add Friends” and select “Add Friends from Address Book” so that the application finds all your contacts who use Snapchat.
- Web presence: Create interesting Snaps and post them on your other social networks, with that your followers will know that you are on Snapchat. Don’t forget to add your username to your posts.
- Hashtags: Look for the hashtag #Sna snapchat and / or #Snapcodes on other social networks and discover interesting accounts. Interact with people.
- Snapcode: Use your code as a profile picture on Facebook and Twitter.
- Link: Add your direct link in the signature of your emails, so people can add you with a single click.
- Website / Blog: Put the Snapchat button on your blog. That way your readers will know that you are in that social network.
- Printed Material: Add your code to the promotional material you make. There are Snapchaters that print T-shirts, business cards and / or stickers with their Snapcode.
- Be creative: While still being yourself, creatively share your daily life. Give quality content to your followers.